Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Uruguay... And beyond!

Now back in Bs As and in library mode, I spent a couple wonderful days last weekend in Colonia, Uruguay. Despite being a hotbed for tourists from around the world, Colonia was a real treat, and I took lots of photos, which can all be seen here. I have also included a few highlights below.


The view looking back towards Bs As from the ferry headed towards Colonia.



I was very happy about the possibility of going to Uruguay!! YAY! :-)



The house where I stayed with my friend's dad (and now my friend), Jorge, which Jorge and his wife built themselves back in the early 80's.



The view from Jorge's house down to the Río de la Plata.



The beach. (It looked better than this, but I think this shot would make a great breakup album cover.)



Downtown colonial Colonia, Calle de los Suspiros.



The lighthouse.



The view out from the top of the lighthouse. Being the escala escaleras that I am, I had know problem climbing the stairs up to the top.



Colonia's coast.




Colonia's old Bull fighting ring, originally built by the Portuguese. It was only briefly in use from 1910-1912. I think they should fix it up and invite Led Zeppelin to play. That would be epic.




A final desolate beach shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
html hit counte code
Counter provided by free-website-hit-counters.com .