Thursday, March 5, 2009

El arte


As I believe I've mentioned before, I live with an artist couple here in BsAs: Leo Chiachio and Daniel Giannone. They have a big show coming up on March 18th at what is perhaps the most important gallery in town, Ruth Benzacar, and I'm very happy that I'll be able to be there to support them. Recently, their work comes mostly in the form of highly-detailed embroideries (as seen above), along with highly-detailed paintings on porcelain plates and jars. Almost everything they do is self-portrait-style as well, and many works also include their weiner dog, Piolín. In fact, they had a whole show a couple years back where they got all their artist friends to create pieces that featured Piolín and, accordingly, called the show Museo Piolín. In all, what impresses me the most about what Leo and Dani make is how they're able to balance incredible craftsmanship with a wonderful sense of humor.

The blog they created for Museo Piolín can be seen here. Their general blog can be seen here, and here's an interview they did (again, in Spanish) that features photos of their most recent work as well. (If you don't read Spanish, just browse the artwork and follow the links and I think you'll definitely get a sense of what Leo and Dani are and have been up to.


Also, if you can't see the entirety of any of the pieces I've posted here, above or below, just click on them and you will be able to do so.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
html hit counte code
Counter provided by free-website-hit-counters.com .