Sunday, June 12, 2005

kansas in the early summer--ready the ark!


tornado_nguyen_big
Originally uploaded by rswells.
supposedly, this is a real photo taken by this storm-chaser who has the following to say about his adventures:
I often times remain in the hail core to observe the maximum size, measure it, and report it. I usually report hail over golf ball size, tornadoes, etc, and provide a picture to the NWS [National Weather Service] office that evening for their verification. That includes severe wind events which I measure and log using an anemometer mounted at 3 meters above the surface.
and, yes, i did just make a post about the weather. can those who live anywhere near me really blame me, though? we seem to be under some sort of warning or watch every single day. soon, however, i'll be in lima, peru--the place where it's always partly cloudy and about 65.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
html hit counte code
Counter provided by free-website-hit-counters.com .