Monday, February 9, 2009

El "look"

Translated from the Spanish

Robert - You know, it's like sometimes these waiters in these restaurants, they look at me funny. Like they anticipate that they're not going to understand what I say before I even say it. They give me this look, then, and they look at me not as if I were a foreigner (extranjero) but rather (sino que) an alien (extraterrestre).
Leo - It's because you don't have the face of an Argentine.
Robert - Really? You don't think so? I don't look that different do I?
Leo - Well...I take back what I just said. It's not that you don't have the face of an Argentine, but rather a face from a different decade.
Robert - Ahhh.
Leo - So it's not really a question of the geographical zone, you see--
Robert - It's a question of the temporal zone. I get it!
Leo - Yes, and not a question of the time zone, mind you. There is a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
html hit counte code
Counter provided by free-website-hit-counters.com .